Tuesday, December 6, 2016

What a Show

 

 

    
   This past Saturday December 3rd, I took my hubby to see the annual Christmas Concert put on by the Music Department. It included singers from 6 different ensembles and it was spectacular! The setting was Munsey United Methodist Church in Johnson City, which is a beautiful place. The Christmas decorations adorning the alter and windows made for a cozy festive atmosphere. Before the show began, I was looking at the numerous names on the program and wondering how they would all fit on the stage. However, to my pleasant surprise, most of the singers surrounded the crowd while singing the various songs. It was a brilliant use of space. Also, the crowd was included in the performance through some select favorite carols. I really enjoyed singing and thought it was a brilliant idea as it not only made us feel like part of the show, but it also kept us from getting sleepy during the dark, warm, 2 hour performance. I liked all the songs, but my favorites were the upbeat pieces....Ding-a -Ding-a-Ding by Greyscale and From this House done by all the ensembles. The latter was the coolest number because of the awesome message and the dance accompaniment. I applaud every student singer for the hours upon hours of practice involved in a show of this magnitude. They should be commended for their dedication and stamina. This was the best Christmas performance I have seen in many, many years.

P.S.  I also want to send a loud shout-out to my fellow Midway, Jonna Pickard, who sang beautifully and looked awesome!



        

No comments:

Post a Comment