Monday, April 24, 2017

Conference Fun!

Collo hours: 4

In looking ahead to my future career goals, I attended the recent Social Work Professional Development Conference held on April 14th. The career fair was huge with a large varieties of places represented....I had no idea that the Social Security Administration hires people with a Psych degree! Even though I am majoring in Psychology instead of Social Work for my bachelors degree, I plan to get a masters in either social work or counseling as becoming an LCSW or LPC is the quickest way to do face-to-face work with people without having to get a doctorate degree. The various workshops offered a lot of great info... The preparing for Social Work Licensure laid out the specifics on Tennessee requirements, and the workshop about Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy talked about how many different disorders can be helped using this model.
I want to pursue a career focus in Trauma, helping people recover after a traumatic event.

No comments:

Post a Comment